You might typically think of coffee when you think of lattes, but have you heard of a mushroom latte? This unique beverage has taken the wellness world by storm.
It is a comforting treat, and adding mushrooms to your diet can boost your immune system, fight inflammation, and improve your overall well-being.
Check out this simple recipe for a vegan mushroom latte that you can make at home to add a little "umami" to your day.
The Functionist sponsors this post; all thoughts and opinions are my own. I only partner with brands I believe in and use in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Resplendent Kitchen possible.
- Morning Routine
- What are functional mushrooms?
- About The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend
- About The Functionist
- Benefits of This Mushroom Latte
- How the mushrooms are grown
- The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend
- How to make this adaptogenic 5-minute mushroom latte recipe
Welcome to the world of vegan mushroom lattes! Not only are these drinks tasty, but they are also incredibly beneficial for your health. As we all try our best to stay healthy, supporting immunity has become a top priority.
My ultimate vegan Mushroom Latte recipe is a nutrient-packed and delicious beverage that is just what your gut health needs while boosting your immunity - all in one sip! With a frothy finish and robust flavor from plant-based milk, fresh espresso, and a sprinkling of cinnamon, this coffee latte will surely be an upgrade from a regular cup of coffee.
I've been interested in the fantastic benefits of functional and medicinal mushrooms, particularly their ability to boost the immune system and improve gut health. In the past, I've shared this Vegan Mushroom Egg Scramble containing an organic ten-mushroom blend with lion's mane and reishi powder.
I recently came across The Functionist's Mushroom Immunity Blend. I love adding it to my morning cup of coffee to boost my immune system. It's just what I need to kickstart the morning!
It's a simple yet satisfying way to indulge in self-care and treat myself to something delicious. Packed with immune-boosting ingredients and cozy flavors, it's great for any time of the day you want to stop and savor a peaceful moment. Enjoy simplicity and nourishment in one sip!
Mushroom-infused drinks like this vegan mushroom latte can be a fantastic addition to a healthful lifestyle, providing myriad benefits I discuss below. So let's explore why you may want to add this unique beverage to your daily routine.
What are functional mushrooms?
Mushrooms are plentiful and flexible in terms of usage, providing a wide variety of edible and medicinal mushrooms.
However, only a handful are considered functional mushrooms that provide nutritional benefits and actively support overall health and well-being.
These functional mushrooms can help improve energy levels, reduce stress, enhance cognitive function, and provide various other health benefits.
By including functional mushrooms in your diet, you can enjoy the potential health benefits of mushrooms, such as balancing energy levels, improving digestion, strengthening the immune system, and enhancing skin health through the antioxidant properties, Beta-glucans, polyphenols, and polysaccharides found in these mushrooms.
Mushrooms are also rich in dietary fiber, which promotes healthy digestion and supports the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, which helps to boost the immune system and improve overall health.
About The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend
The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend features a potent combination of mushroom powders containing the mycelial biomass and fruiting body of mushrooms, prebiotic seaweed extract, and postbiotic Baker’s yeast to provide robust support for gut health, the liver, and immunity.
- The Organic Mushroom Complex contains a mushroom blend of organic Shiitake mushroom powder, Turkey Tail mushroom powder, Antrodia camphorata, and Reishi mushroom powder to help modulate the immune system and promote a healthy microbiome for overall wellness.
- This mushroom immune booster contains many beneficial ingredients like antioxidants, beta-glucans, polyphenols, and more, providing physical and mental nourishment.
This convenient organic mushroom powder mix makes it easy to get a daily boost of this vegan nourishing wellness blend - add ½ teaspoon to your coffee to make the mushroom latte in the recipe card below.
About The Functionist
The Functionist takes pride in its fully traceable supply chain, which sources USDA Organic mushrooms and EpiCor® from US farms and sustainably harvests seaweed from Australian waters.
The Functionist gives 1% of annual sales to The Nature Conservancy, is proudly a 1% For The Planet Member, and is a Certified B Corporation.
I love that their products are USDA Organic, non-GMO verified, gluten-free, vegan, and 100% grown in the USA; the certified organic mushrooms are grown, dried, milled,
and packaged in a cGMP-certified state-of-the-art indoor farm in California.
The Functionist's products are third-party verified for quality and safety, and the packaging is made from recycled materials.
Benefits of This Mushroom Latte
Here are a few details about the immune-enhancing properties of The Functionist’s Mushroom Immunity Blend in this mushroom latte:
- Organic Antrodia is renowned for its potential to boost the activity of macrophages, dendritic cells, phagocytes, and NK cells, thereby improving immune response.
- Organic Turkey Tail Mushroom Powder contains two polysaccharides - PSK and PSP - that stimulate dendritic cells and regulate immune function, making it a valuable addition to any immune support regimen.
- Organic Reishi Mushroom enhances immunity and provides respiratory and liver support, making it a versatile mushroom that can benefit overall health.
- Organic Fucoidan acts as a prebiotic and gut microbiota modulator, making it a helpful tool for improving gut health, enhancing the immune system, and treating dysbiosis.
- Organic Shiitake Mushroom is a popular mushroom that has been shown to improve gut immunity and enhance NK cells, T cells, and other immune factors.
- EpiCor®, a postbiotic and gut microbiota modulator, is also included to enhance immune function and treat dysbiosis, making it a valuable addition to this immune support mushroom supplement.
How the mushrooms are grown
The organic mushrooms are grown in a controlled indoor environment in Carlsbad, California. This state-of-the-art indoor farm has the following:
- Optimized growing conditions (lighting, temperature, airflow, humidity levels) for individual mushroom species to produce the highest level of bioactivity
- Protection from heavy metals, radiation, and toxins
- No fungicides or pesticides
- DNA testing to ensure the identity integrity of the mushrooms
- Organic mushrooms are sustainably cultivated with low water and energy usage, very low organic waste, low levels of carbon dioxide, and no pesticides or chemicals. Steam is utilized for the majority of energy needs. The California-based growers are committed to organic agricultural practices and being environmentally conscious.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this organic mushroom coffee:
- The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend - This powerful organic mushroom supplement contains prebiotic seaweed extract and postbiotic Baker’s yeast for robust gut health and immunity support. Get 20% off with the code EMILY20 at The Functionist.
- Espresso - add one or two shots of espresso or your favorite coffee.
- Almond Coconut Milk Blend - use any plant milk you like.
- Maple Syrup - sweeten to your taste. Feel free to use your favorite sweetener.
- Vanilla extract - for additional flavor.
- Cinnamon, optional, for sprinkling on top of the latte. I like Ceylon Cinnamon.
See the recipe card for quantities.
The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend
Get 50% off your order at The Functionist!
- Nutty - add a tablespoon of almond butter or natural peanut butter.
- Deluxe - add virgin coconut oil or MCT oil, or stir in coconut cream, cashew cream, or coconut milk powder.
- Mocha - add a tablespoon or two of organic cacao powder or chocolate syrup.
- Caffeine-free alternatives - use decaf espresso or coffee, herbal tea, or try this Butterfly Pea Flower Latte or Pandan Latte.
- Iced - use cold plant milk and add ice.
- Spices - add freshly ground nutmeg or cardamom for a flavorful twist.
Here are a few substitutions you can try when making this hot beverage with adaptogenic mushrooms:
- Espresso - instead of two shots, you can use a shot of espresso or ½ cup of strong coffee or black tea.
- Coconut Almond Milk - use plant milk of your choice; I recommend organic soy milk, cashew milk, or hemp milk.
- Maple syrup - use coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or agave nectar instead. Or use the sweetener of your choice!
How to make this adaptogenic 5-minute mushroom latte recipe
This coffee upgrade with real mushrooms is easy to make! You don't need fancy equipment to make your morning cup of joe.
It's so simple you don't even need a high-speed blender. Instead, heat the plant milk on the stovetop, remove it from heat, and mix the rest of the ingredients with a whisk or electric frother.
Here's how to make this fantastic vegan mushroom latte so you can start your day with this soothing morning ritual!
Step 1: Heat the coconut almond milk over medium heat in a small saucepan until steaming but not boiling. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
Step 2: Whisk in the mushroom powder, espresso, and maple syrup until well combined with the plant-based milk. Taste and adjust maple syrup as needed.
Step 3: Use an electric frother or a whisk to create the foam.
Step 4: Pour the latte into a mug and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon if desired.
A mushroom latte is a warm, creamy beverage made with medicinal mushrooms and other ingredients such as coffee and cinnamon. The foam comes from plant-based milk.
Mushroom coffee is a popular coffee drink made by blending coffee and mushroom extract powder produced from Reishi, Turkey tail, and Shiitake mushrooms, as well as other varieties of medicinal mushrooms.
The mushroom powder by itself has a slight earthiness which I enjoy; however, this vegan mushroom latte is a tasty beverage, and I don't taste or smell the mushrooms in this organic mushroom coffee!
Making a vegan mushroom latte is an easy and delicious way to start the day. Adding the Mushroom Immunity Blend has added benefits to your gut, liver, and immune system, allowing you to have an inviting cup of coffee to start the morning off right!
Note: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the statements above. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Adaptogenic 5-Minute Vegan Mushroom Latte Recipe
- 1 cup Coconut and Almond Milk blend or any plant-based milk of your choice
- 2 shots of espresso or ½ cup of strong coffee or decaf espresso or strong decaf coffee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar, coconut sugar, or sweetener of your choice
- ½ teaspoon The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend mushroom powder Use the code EMILY20 for 20% off
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon optional
- Heat the Coconut and Almond Milk blend over medium heat in a small saucepan until steaming but not boiling. Remove the saucepan from the heat.1 cup Coconut and Almond Milk blend
- Whisk in the espresso, maple syrup, mushroom powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until well combined with the almond milk. Taste and adjust maple syrup as needed. Use an electric frother if desired.2 shots of espresso or ½ cup of strong coffee, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon The Functionist Mushroom Immunity Blend mushroom powder, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the latte into a mug and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon, if desired.Pinch cinnamon
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.