Are you ready to make the perfect guacamole? This simple 4-ingredient Guacamole Recipe will have you making this delicious, creamy, and healthy dip in no time!
All it takes is a few simple ingredients and a just few minutes. Whether you’re entertaining guests or looking for an easy snack that packs a punch with flavor, this amazing guacamole recipe delivers. So grab your ripe avocados, garlic, and fresh lime, and let's start!
This simple guacamole recipe is the best way to enjoy ripe Hass avocados. Guacamole is a great appetizer that is always a hit at parties! This guacamole is so good you'll be making it on repeat all summer long.
It's perfect for barbecues, pool parties, and potlucks - or really any time you're in the mood for the perfect snack with your favorite tortilla chips. Plus, it only requires four ingredients, so it's easy to make.
So try this recipe next time you're looking for something tasty to snack on. It's the perfect dip or side dish.
Guacamole goes great with so many things! Try it with this vegan southwestern tofu scramble. Or try it with this vegan chickpea tuna salad, chickpea quinoa salad, lentil black bean burgers, or southwest quinoa bowl.
Here are the fresh and simple ingredients easily found at grocery stores to make this basic guacamole recipe:
- ripe avocados
- fresh garlic
- fresh lime juice
I recommend buttery ripe Hass avocados to make guacamole. Their creamy texture is perfect for this recipe. The surface of the avocados should be firm; give them a gentle squeeze, and they should yield slightly when ripe. If you see any brown color, discard those spots. If you have unripe avocados, put them in a brown paper bag.
See the recipe card for the exact quantities and a complete list of ingredients.
Is guacamole healthy?
Yes! Avocadoes are healthy! Did you know that avocadoes are fruit? They contain fiber, healthy fats, potassium, lutein, vitamins such as Vitamin B6, folate (Vitamin B9), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and copper.
With this recipe, you have the added benefits of garlic, including lower cancer risk, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
How to Make The Easiest 4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
It's easy to make this delicious guacamole, even if it is your first time. Follow these simple instructions to make the best guacamole recipe! Multiply the recipe to make it for a crowd.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and put it in a mixing bowl. Mash with a fork
- Add the diced garlic, lime juice, and salt.
- Mash the mixture with a fork or a potato masher until it's smooth but still slightly chunky.
- Taste the guacamole and add more salt or lime juice if needed.
Hint: Let the freshly made guacamole sit for 30 minutes to develop flavor. Be sure to serve it at room temperature for the best flavor. Cover the guacamole with a piece of plastic wrap to prevent oxidation.
Here are some simple substitutions you can try:
- White onion - instead of white onion, you can use diced red onion, or one to two diced shallots.
- Lime juice - use fresh lemon juice if you don't have any limes, white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar.
- Garlic - use garlic powder instead.
Here are some ideas on how you can customize this recipe to suit your preferences:
- Black pepper (optional) - freshly ground Zanzibar black peppercorns from Burlap and Barrel are a delicious addition.
- Cumin (optional) - I love the bright, umami flavor of the Wild Mountain Cumin from Burlap and Barrel. Stir it into the guacamole; there is no need to grind it first. Or you can go with ground cumin, like I did in the image above.
- White onion (optional) - finely chopped for the best texture in this slightly chunky guacamole.
- Deluxe - add ground cumin for a hint of savory smokiness. Add chopped cilantro or chopped parsley.
- Spicy - add diced jalapeño, seeded and ribbed, or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Tomatoes - add a chopped Roma tomato or your favorite salsa.
- Fresh herbs - add chopped fresh cilantro or fresh parsley.
- cutting board
- chef's knife
- mixing bowl
Store leftover guacamole in the fridge for one to two days in an airtight container. Be sure to serve it at room temperature for the best flavor. Cover it with a piece of plastic wrap.
How to serve
Guacamole goes great with so many things! Be sure to serve it at room temperature for the best flavor.
- Serve this guacamole as a delicious dip with tortillas, with celery sticks, sliced bell pepper, or spread it on toast to make avocado toast.
- Add this quick guacamole to nachos, tacos, burritos, or quesadillas. Add it to salad, a healthy burrito bowl, or on top of roasted sweet potatoes or baked sweet potato fries.
- Try it with this vegan southwestern tofu scramble. Or add it to this vegan chickpea tuna salad, chickpea quinoa salad, or on top of lentil black bean burgers.
No. To make the best guacamole, you need ripe avocados. Unripe avocadoes will be too firm, difficult to mash, and will not yield the best flavor.
They need to be just ripe for the best flavor and texture! You don't want them to be too soft and overripe or hard and underripe. Gently press the surface of the guacamole, and it should yield slightly.
Keep avocados on the counter until ripe. Speed up the ripening process by storing them in a brown bag with a banana or apple until they are ripe, or keep them on the kitchen counter. Once ripe, store the avocados in the fridge immediately to prevent them from further ripening.
Cover the guacamole with plastic wrap and gently push it into the guacamole so there are no air pockets.
Guacamole is a delicious and easy-to-make dip you can enjoy anytime. With this 4-ingredient guacamole recipe, you can create the perfect dip without too much fuss. You only need ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, diced garlic, and a pinch of salt to make the perfect guacamole. So, add this recipe to your party menu and take your parties up a notch!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with this 4-ingredient guacamole:
I hope you enjoy this simple guacamole recipe as much as we did! If you make this recipe, please take a moment to ★★★★★ star-rate it and leave a comment below. Also, follow me on Instagram and Facebook, and share your creation with me! Tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
The Easiest 4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Cut each avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed with your hand. Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon into a small bowl. Mash with a fork.2 ripe Haas avocados
- Stir in garlic cloves, lime juice, and sea salt. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.2 garlic cloves, minced, 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh, ½ teaspoon sea salt
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.