Hi! My name is Emily Miller. Perhaps you would like to know about me? I am the food photographer, recipe developer, and content creator behind my blog, Resplendent Kitchen. I started this blog in early 2019 as a place to share my creative passions for cooking and baking plant-based food and food photography. Currently, Tucson, Arizona is the place I call home. If you’re looking to get inspired, you’ve come to the right place!
I’ve always loved cooking, baking, and talking about food. However, I’ve been plant-based and vegan since February 2016. Prior to that, I was mostly vegetarian. Three years ago, I took an online plant-based cooking course, not long after I went vegan.
Taking the cooking course involved taking many photos of the food I made. I’ve always loved photography, but I was not happy with the photos I took in my kitchen with my phone. That’s when my desire to learn about food photography began.
One a half years ago, in March 2018, I decided to follow my passion for food photography in my spare time as a creative outlet. I had never handled a DSLR camera before and knew next to nothing about composition and lighting. Learning about food photography is a continuing journey, and I love to learn something new every day!
When I’m not busy blogging or taking photos, or updating my portfolio, I love to travel! I love to learn languages, practice yoga and spend time with my husband and our adorable adopted cats Milo and Oreo here in Arizona. I consider myself a lifelong learner and am usually taking one course or another. Most people are surprised to learn that I’d rather be at home than anywhere else, except for when I’m traveling!
How I started my website
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I only link to products and services that I highly recommend, personally use and trust. There is no additional cost to you if you purchase something through one of these links. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything mentioned below.
- As a member of Food Blogger Pro, I created my self-hosted WordPress site (WordPress.org) step by step with their helpful videos. They have a wonderful and supportive community with valuable information on how to start a website.
- When it was time to choose a hosting company, I decided on Siteground. From my experience, they are secure and have outstanding support.
- I selected my WordPress theme through Feast Design Co. Their minimal blog designs are perfect for food bloggers.
- I use a recipe plugin called WP Recipe Maker, Premium version, and I find their support to be responsive and excellent.
- To make my website run faster, I have WP Rocket for caching.
- For social sharing including Pinterest, I utilize a WordPress plugin called Social Pug. I love it for its customizable options for social sharing buttons as well as Pinterest.
- For my Portfolio, I have the WordPress plugin Envira Gallery. It’s fast and the customer service and support are wonderful, from my experience. This is a great WordPress plugin for albums and galleries for showing off your images!
Thank you for stopping by
If you have any comments, suggestions, questions, or if you would like to get in touch with me in regards to collaboration, please feel free to e-mail me using this contact form. Feel free to follow along on Instagram or Facebook, I’d love to hear from you!