Hi! My name is Emily Miller, and I live in Tucson, Arizona. I am the food photographer, recipe developer, and content creator behind my blog, Resplendent Kitchen. I started this blog in early 2019 as a place to share my creative passions for cooking plant-based food and food photography.
My experience of working as a registered nurse for many years has given me a unique perspective as to how diet and lifestyle affect health. The recipes you’ll find here are plant-based, healthy-ish, with the occasional indulgence. Through my recipes and food photography, I hope to inspire you to cook delicious and nourishing plant-based meals in your kitchen!
My interest in food photography
Over the years, I had acquired necessary cooking skills by teaching myself how to cook through cookbooks and the occasional cooking class. Several years ago, I took a three month online plant-based cooking course, not long after I went vegan. It was a great refresher to take a class and learn how to cook with dairy-free alternatives. It was mind-blowing, and a whole new world opened up! Since then, it has been loads of fun trying fresh foods, ways of cooking, and finding new favorites.
Taking the cooking course involved taking many photos of the food I made since I had to submit them as part of the assignments. I was not entirely happy with the pictures I took in my kitchen under a skylight with my phone or point and shoot camera. That’s when my desire to learn about food photography began. After that, I decided to follow my passion for food photography as a professional endeavor.
My work has been featured by Feed Feed, Finding Vegan, and I was honored by Peerspace to be recognized as one of The 7 Best Food Photographers in Tucson! Take a look here. I was excited to learn that one of my images had been shortlisted in the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2020. Take a look at the shortlist here.
My photos have been featured on the websites above, as well as social media accounts such as Earthbound Farm, Follow Your Heart, La Brea Bakery, La Vieille Ferme, Lauren B Beauty, Pasolivo, Rose Dose, St. Dalfour USA, Theo Chocolate, Tofutti Brands, and Victoria Fine Foods.
If you are interested in working with me, you can find more information about the services I offer here.
What else do I like to do?
I consider myself a lifelong learner, and I am usually taking one course or another. With running a blog, there’s a seemingly endless list of things to learn! Apart from blogging, I love to cook and bake tasty plant-based food in our kitchen, practice yoga, and spend time with my husband and our adorable adopted cats Milo and Oreo.
When I’m not blogging or taking photos, I love to travel with my husband. We have made multiple trips to the Caribbean, Italy, France, Costa Rica, and Canada, where I once lived. Where do I want to go next? Costa Rica!
How I started my website
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. I only link to products and services that I highly recommend, personally use and trust. There is no additional cost to you if you purchase something through one of these links. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything mentioned below.
- As a member of Food Blogger Pro, I created my self-hosted WordPress site (WordPress.org) step by step with their helpful videos. They have a wonderful and supportive community with valuable information on how to start a website.
- When it was time to choose a hosting company, I decided on Siteground. From my experience, they are secure and have outstanding support.
- I selected my WordPress theme through Feast Design Co. Their minimal blog designs are perfect for food bloggers.
- I use a recipe plugin called WP Recipe Maker, Premium version, and I find their support to be responsive and excellent.
- To make my website run faster, I have WP Rocket for caching.
- For social sharing including Pinterest, I utilize a WordPress plugin called Grow by Mediavine. I love it for its customizable options for social sharing buttons as well as Pinterest.
- For my Portfolio, I have the WordPress plugin Envira Gallery. It’s fast, and the customer service and support are excellent, from my experience. Envira Gallery is a great WordPress plugin for albums and galleries for showing off your images!
Get in touch with me
If you would like to keep up to date with my latest recipes and news, you can sign up here.
Thank you for stopping by!