The perfect drink for a lazy Sunday morning, this vegan Pandan Latte is a delicious and soothing beverage that's caffeine-free. This plant-based dairy-free option takes only ten minutes to make! Plus it's refined sugar-free.
You're going to love this pandan latte! It's a creamy, pleasant way to start or finish your day. This latte is one of my favorite easy, tasty, and healthy plant-based drinks, perfect for an afternoon break.
I usually gravitate towards coffee, especially on weekends when I have more time to enjoy it. On weekdays though, I typically don't have time to linger over coffee. Try this Mushroom Latte to level up your morning cup of coffee!
However, my coffee consumption has gradually increased, and I wanted to find a delicious alternative, which led me to make this soothing latte. Another drink to try is this vegan Butterfly Pea Flower Latte.
What is pandan?
Pandan is a tropical plant native to Southeast Asia and South Asia. Its leaves are long, upright, and spiky. It is sweet with a grassy aroma. It is typically used in both sweet and savory dishes in Southeast Asian and South Asian cooking.
Here's what you need to make this drink:
- Cashew milk or other plant-based milk
- Pandan leaf powder
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon - my favorite is Ceylon Cinnamon
- Vanilla extract - use your favorite!
- Rose petals, optional for garnish
How to make a Pandan Latte
It's easy to make this latte, it's a few simple steps:
- 1. Heat the cashew milk on low to medium heat in a small saucepan with high sides.
- 2. Using a small mesh strainer, sift the Pandan powder and cinnamon into the plant milk. Whisk and add the maple syrup and vanilla extract until everything is gently heated through.
- 3. Take the saucepan off the heat, and aerate the beverage with a milk frother for 30 seconds if desired. Pour into your favorite cup and garnish with rose petals, if you wish.
The organic rose petals that I put on top of the
Be careful not to overfill your mug with your milk of choice to avoid spills. It's surprising how powerful that little milk frother can be!
Keep an eye on your saucepan because the mixture can suddenly foam up when overheated and overflow.
More drink recipes
If you make this Vegan Pandan Cashew Milk Latte, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leave a comment below. You can follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me! Just tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
Pandan Cashew Milk Latte
- 8 oz cashew milk or other plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon Pandan leaf powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic rose petals optional, for garnish
- Heat cashew milk until it starts to steam.
- Using a small mesh strainer, sift the Pandan powder and cinnamon into the plant milk. Whisk and add maple syrup and vanilla extract until gently heated through.
- Take off heat, and aerate with milk frother for 30 seconds if desired. Pour into cup. Garnish with rose petals if desired.
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.
Delicious, and soooo pretty.
Thank you so much, Brian! I appreciate your kind comment!
Anna - Vegnfit
This is a very tasty and fragrant drink. I love the colour as well. Great alternative to coffee.
Anna, thank you so much for your review of our recipe! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the drink and found it tasty.
Loved this recipe! I am a fan of golden milk but needed a change and this is just what I was craving for!
Thank you, Tavo, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
OOOH I am always on the look out for new hot drink ideas, this looks great!
Thanks, Stef, I hope you enjoy it!
This is such a fun recipe, I am hooked!
Glad to hear it, Katie! Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating and review!
This is as delicious as it is gorgeous!! Cashew milk is so creamy and yummmy.
Thanks for your review, Michelle! I'm so happy you enjoyed the recipe.
This cashew milk is very lovely. I love it, it reminds me of traveling and is soothing.
Thank you for your review, Nancy! It's a soothing favorite over here, too.
So beautiful and delicious! I am loving this vegan pandan latte! It's a perfect start to my mornings. Super easy to make and only uses simple ingredients. I gave up coffee and this is a great alternative.
Thank you for your feedback, Anaiah!