The perfect drink for a lazy Sunday morning, this vegan Pandan Latte is a delicious and soothing beverage that's caffeine-free. This plant-based dairy-free option takes only ten minutes to make! Plus it's refined sugar-free.
You're going to love this pandan latte! It's a creamy, pleasant way to start or finish your day. This latte is one of my favorite easy, tasty, and healthy plant-based drinks, perfect for an afternoon break.
I usually gravitate towards coffee, especially on weekends when I have more time to enjoy it. On weekdays though, I typically don't have time to linger over coffee. Try this Mushroom Latte to level up your morning cup of coffee!
However, my coffee consumption has gradually increased, and I wanted to find a delicious alternative, which led me to make this soothing latte. Another drink to try is this vegan Butterfly Pea Flower Latte.
What is pandan?
Pandan is a tropical plant native to Southeast Asia and South Asia. Its leaves are long, upright, and spiky. It is sweet with a grassy aroma. It is typically used in both sweet and savory dishes in Southeast Asian and South Asian cooking.
Here's what you need to make this drink:
- Cashew milk or other plant-based milk
- Pandan leaf powder
- Maple syrup
- Cinnamon - my favorite is Ceylon Cinnamon
- Vanilla extract - use your favorite!
- Rose petals, optional for garnish
How to make a Pandan Latte
It's easy to make this latte, it's a few simple steps:
- 1. Heat the cashew milk on low to medium heat in a small saucepan with high sides.
- 2. Using a small mesh strainer, sift the Pandan powder and cinnamon into the plant milk. Whisk and add the maple syrup and vanilla extract until everything is gently heated through.
- 3. Take the saucepan off the heat, and aerate the beverage with a milk frother for 30 seconds if desired. Pour into your favorite cup and garnish with rose petals, if you wish.
Be careful not to overfill your mug with your milk of choice to avoid spills. It's surprising how powerful that little milk frother can be!
Keep an eye on your saucepan because the mixture can suddenly foam up when overheated and overflow.
More drink recipes
If you make this Vegan Pandan Cashew Milk Latte, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leave a comment below. You can follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me! Just tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
Pandan Cashew Milk Latte
- Heat cashew milk until it starts to steam.8 oz cashew milk
- Using a small mesh strainer, sift the Pandan powder and cinnamon into the plant milk. Whisk and add maple syrup and vanilla extract until gently heated through.1 teaspoon Pandan leaf powder, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Take off heat, and aerate with milk frother for 30 seconds if desired. Pour into cup. Garnish with rose petals if desired.1 teaspoon organic rose petals
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.