Start your day right with these vegetable-packed high protein vegan Broccoli Cheddar Egg Cups! This easy to make ahead breakfast is made with wholesome ingredients and is oil-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
I received the cookbook Simply Delicious Vegan from Abrams Books. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are my personal view.
In December 2020, Caitlin Shoemaker, the creator of From My Bowl, released her first cookbook, Simply Delicious Vegan. I'm going to share her delicious recipe for vegan Broccoli Cheddar Egg Cups on page 28 from her new cookbook!
About the Simply Delicious Vegan cookbook
Caitlin Shoemaker offers 100 gluten-free, oil-free, and refined sugar-free plant-based recipes that will make you feel great and help you feel energized! Her whole plant-based recipes are delicious, easy to make, and budget-friendly, making it easy for anyone to include more plants into their meals.
There are plenty of helpful tips on cooking, roasting, and baking without oil, plus she includes a list of recommended kitchen tools and whole-food vegan pantry staples. Caitlin has several low-waste kitchen hacks, lifestyle tips, and tips on saving money by eating plant-based.
More recipes from the cookbook
After reading Simply Delicious Vegan, which has eleven chapters covering breakfast to dessert and everything in between, I can't wait to make these nourishing and quick to put together recipes:
- Salted Caramel French Toast Casserole on page 53
- Grits Bowls with Sweet and Smoky Tempeh Bacon on page 57
- Peanut Butter and Sweet Potato Soup on page 68
- Chimichurri Quinoa Salad on page 91
- All-in-one Sushi on page 117
- Cheesy Battered Zucchini Fries on page 131
- Buffalo Cauliflower Penne on page 153
- Vegan Pad Thai on page 166
- Homemade Snickers on page 200
🥘 Ingredient notes
- non-dairy milk - I used unsweetened organic soy milk, which is made from whole soybeans. It is mild and creamy.
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment paper or liners (or use a silicone muffin pan).
- Whisk the dry ingredients (not the vegetables) together in a large bowl. Pour in the milk and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold the broccoli, onion, and carrots into the batter.
- Evenly divide the batter among the cups in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately once cooled a little bit, or transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Let the muffins cool completely before storing them in the fridge for up to 1 week.
💭 Top tips
- If you are using a silicone muffin pan, place it on a baking sheet before filling it for a more effortless transfer in and out of the oven.
- These Broccoli Cheddar "Egg" Cups are especially delicious when they are still warm. I recommend reheating the leftovers.
If you would like to try another easy recipe utilizing chickpeas, try my Vegan Chickpea "Tuna" Salad!
If you make these Vegan Broccoli Cheddar "Egg" Cups, let me know what you think by ★ star rating it and leaving a comment below. You can follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me! Just tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
The recipe is reprinted with permission from Caitlin Shoemaker and Abrams Books, © 2020. You can get a copy of Caitlin's cookbook here.
Broccoli Cheddar "Egg" Cups
- silicone muffin pan or muffin tin with paper liners
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment paper or liners (or use a silicone muffin pan).
- Whisk the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, paprika, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl. Pour in the milk and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold the broccoli, onion, and carrots into the batter, then evenly divide the batter among the cups in the muffin tin. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a wire rack to cool before storing in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.