The best way to start your day is with some delicious breakfast potatoes! And the great thing about this recipe is that you can make them in your air fryer, which means they’re healthier than if you were to fry them in oil. So give this recipe a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
If you looking for a delicious and easy breakfast option, you have to try these air fryer breakfast potatoes!
I don't know about you, but I love breakfast potatoes. I could eat them every day! You can make perfectly crispy breakfast potatoes with just a bit of oil!
Plus, they're so easy to customize with your favorite seasonings. So give these air fryer breakfast potatoes a try!
Why are these air fryer breakfast potatoes the best?
These are the best Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes you can make! They're tender yet crispy at the edges, flavorful, and healthy. You can make these delicious breakfast potatoes in less than 30 minutes with just a few ingredients that you probably have on hand!
You may be wondering, why use an air fryer? The air fryer is an excellent addition to the kitchen because it's one of the best ways to cook potatoes with minimal oil. Then, they come out golden and crispy with just a few shakes in the air fryer basket!
You'll be amazed by the creamy, crispy breakfast potatoes that come out of your air fryer. Cooked in a small amount of oil at high heat – these incredible breakfast potatoes will only take minutes to make.
These potatoes are the perfect side dish for a hearty breakfast or main dishes like my Vegan Meatloaf with Lentils and Walnuts!
Here's what you'll need to make these potatoes:
- Air fryer - One of my favorite things in the kitchen! An air fryer is a quick and easy way to cook food with minimal oil. Choose the size of your appliance depending on what you’ll need it for. I got a 3-quart. Next time I'll get a 6-quart, so I don't have to do more than one batch of anything I'm cooking. If you cook 2 pounds of potatoes, you'll need to cook them in two batches unless you have a 6-quart air fryer.
- Medium mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
Here is what you need to make these delicious breakfast potatoes with a crispy exterior:
- Organic yellow waxy potatoes; I used Yukon gold potatoes.
- Extra virgin olive oil - you can also use neutral oils such as grapeseed oil or avocado oil; you will only need a little bit of oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper is superior in taste to previously ground pepper.
- Avocado oil spray for the air fryer basket.
It's easy to make this easy recipe even if you are new to air frying. The cooking process is simple.
The complete recipe is in the recipe card below. Here are the steps:
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into 1-inch size pieces. If you have time, soak them in cold water for an hour in water to release the starches to make them more crispy. Once you're ready to cook, dry the potatoes with a lint-free towel.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes with extra virgin olive oil. Then toss them with smoked paprika and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately before placing them in the air fryer to cook.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil. Put the seasoned potatoes in the basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the tray after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before they're supposed to be done.
- Taste the potatoes to make sure they're soft on the inside. If they're a little crunchy, cook them for another 5 minutes. They will be golden brown.
- Serve immediately once the potatoes are done. Garnish with additional sea salt if desired. The photo below added freshly ground black pepper and Maldon sea salt.
- Repeat the process with more potatoes if you are cooking for the whole family
- Soak the potatoes in water first to remove excess starch if you have the time. This helps them get crispy. If you don't have time, it's okay.
- Cut the potatoes into equal-sized pieces so they will cook more evenly.
- There is no need to peel the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are seasoned, promptly place them in the air fryer to start cooking. Do not let the potatoes sit with the salt for any length of time, or that will affect the crispiness of the outer edges.
- If your air fryer is smaller than 3-quart, or you want to cook a larger batch of potatoes, you will need to cook the potatoes in batches to avoid overcrowding.
The cooking time will vary depending on the number of potatoes, the size of the potatoes once chopped, and your air fryer. Taste the potatoes for doneness before serving.
Try a different seasoning blend! Here are some variations; add any of the following:
- Garlic powder, onion powder, or chili powder; start with ½ teaspoon.
- Cayenne pepper.
- Chopped green bell pepper to the potatoes.
- Fresh rosemary or green onion (chopped) before serving.
- Chopped green bell peppers and red onion - add to the potatoes before placing them in the air fryer.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and make air fryer potato wedges for a change, or air fryer home fries!
How to store
These potatoes are best enjoyed right away. If needed, you can refrigerate them in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. To crisp them up again, cook them in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 380°F.
How to serve
You can also serve them with a side of halved cherry tomatoes & sliced avocado or avocado toast for a filling breakfast.
Top with hot sauce or add vegan sour cream.
Try these air-fried potatoes with my Vegan Meatloaf Recipe for a hearty and filling dinner, or serve them with a cafe-style breakfast for Sunday brunch!
I hope you try these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes. I know you are going to LOVE them! This dish is perfect for when you are craving something savory in the morning but wants to keep it healthy and plant-based with minimal oil.
You can let the potatoes cook in the air fryer while you make a tofu scramble or coffee or tea.
If you make these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, please take a moment to ★★★★★ star rate and leave a comment below. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook and share your creation with me! Tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
The Best Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 pound organic yellow potatoes scrubbed & cut into 1-inch pieces, soaked in water for 1 hour if you have time, & dry the potatoes with a lint-free towel
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- avocado oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil. Then toss them with fine sea salt, smoked paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil. Place the seasoned potatoes in the basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the tray after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before they're done.
- Serve immediately once the potatoes are done. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.