You'll never return to your old way of cooking breakfast potatoes once you try these fantastic Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes! The air fryer makes them the absolute best - crunchy on the outside and deliciously tender on the inside.
They're super easy to whip up at home and beat any takeout option! These easy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are crispy yet tender and flavorful. This simple recipe uses minimal cooking oil, which makes it healthier than traditional deep frying techniques.
These air fryer potatoes are the perfect delicious breakfast side dish. Try them with my horseradish aioli!
Start your morning with a nutritious and delicious breakfast side dish! This Crispy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes recipe is the perfect way to lighten up your breakfast plate with less oil while giving you that satisfying crispiness. These air fryer breakfast potatoes are sure to be a hit!
This delicious breakfast side dish can be ready in only 25 minutes from start to finish – so it's a great time-saver for busy weekdays, too!
The air fryer is an excellent addition to the kitchen because it's one of the best ways to cook potatoes with minimal oil. Then, they come out golden and crispy with just a few shakes in the air fryer basket.
These potatoes are the perfect side dish for a hearty breakfast or main dishes like my Vegan Meatloaf with Lentils and Walnuts!
So preheat that air fryer and prepare to make some fantastic breakfasts with these delicious yet guilt-free air fryer breakfast potatoes!
You need these simple ingredients to make the best air fryer breakfast potatoes with a crispy exterior:
- Organic yellow waxy potatoes: I used Yukon gold potatoes. You can also use russet potatoes.
- Extra virgin olive oil - you can also use neutral oils such as grapeseed oil or avocado oil; you will only need a little oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper is superior in taste to previously ground pepper.
- Avocado oil spray for the air fryer basket.
How to make easy air fryer breakfast potatoes
It's easy to make this recipe even if you are new to air frying and it's your first time. The cooking process is simple.
The complete recipe is in the recipe card below. Here are the steps to make the best breakfast potatoes:
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into 1-inch size pieces. If you have time, soak them in cold water for an hour in water to release the starches to make them more crispy. Once you're ready to cook, dry the potatoes with a lint-free towel.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Toss the potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, then with smoked paprika, freshly ground black pepper, and sea salt.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil. Put the seasoned potatoes in the basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the tray after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before they're supposed to be done. They do not need to be in a single layer.
- Taste the potatoes to make sure they're soft on the inside. If they're a little crunchy, cook them for another 5 minutes. They will be golden brown.
- For best results, serve immediately once the potatoes are done. Garnish with additional sea salt if desired.
- Repeat the process with more potatoes if you are cooking for the whole family.
Hint: The cooking time will vary depending on the number of potatoes, the size of the potatoes once chopped, and your air fryer. Taste the potatoes for doneness before serving.
- Soak the cubed potatoes in water first to remove excess starch if you have the time. This helps them get crispy. If you don't have time, it's okay.
- Cut the potatoes into equal-sized pieces so they will cook more evenly.
- There is no need to peel the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are seasoned, put them in the air fryer basket to start cooking. Do not let the potatoes sit with the salt, or that will affect the crispiness of the outer edges.
- If your air fryer is smaller than 3-quart, or you want to cook a larger batch of potatoes, you must cook the potatoes in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Air fryer - One of my favorite things in the kitchen! An air fryer is a quick and easy way to cook food with minimal oil. Choose the size of your appliance depending on what you’ll need it for. I got a 3-quart. Next time I'll get a 6-quart, so I don't have to do more than one batch of anything I'm cooking. If you cook 2 pounds of potatoes, you must cook them in two batches unless you have a 6-quart air fryer.
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
Add your favorite veggies or experiment with a new seasoning blend!
Here are some variations on these crispy potatoes; add any of the following:
- Garlic powder, onion powder, or chili powder; start with ½ teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle fresh herbs such as fresh rosemary and parsley or green onion (chopped) before serving.
- Italian seasoning
- Chopped green bell pepper, red pepper, yellow onion, or red onion - add to the potatoes before placing them in the air fryer.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and make air fryer potato wedges for a change or air fryer home fries!
These potatoes are best enjoyed right away. If needed, refrigerate leftover breakfast potatoes in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To crisp them up again, cook them in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 380°F.
How to Serve
The great thing about this air fryer breakfast potatoes recipe is its versatility. They are the perfect addition to your savory breakfasts!
- Serve them with Vegan Southwestern Tofu Scramble or Vegan Mushroom "Egg" Scramble. You can make the tofu scramble while the potatoes cook in the air fryer! I love to make breakfast burritos with potatoes and tofu scramble.
- Add hot sauce, vegan horseradish aioli, or vegan sour cream.
- Serve with Vegan Meatloaf for a hearty and filling dinner.
- These are great for Sunday brunch alongside French toast.
If you make these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, please take a moment to ★★★★★ star rate and leave a comment below. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook, and share your creation with me! Tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
Looking for more recipes like this?
Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 pound organic yellow waxy potatoes, Yukon Gold scrubbed & cut into 1-inch pieces, soaked in water for 1 hour if you have time, & dry the potatoes with a lint-free towel, or use russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- avocado oil spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil. Then toss them with fine sea salt, smoked paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.1 pound organic yellow waxy potatoes, Yukon Gold, 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with avocado oil spray. Place the seasoned potatoes in the air fryer basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the tray after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before they're done.avocado oil spray
- Serve immediately once the potatoes are done. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.