Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are quick and easy to make! They're tender yet crispy at the edges, flavorful, and super healthy. You can make these breakfast potatoes in less than 30 minutes with just a few ingredients that you probably have on hand already.
You may be wondering, why use an air fryer? The air fryer is an excellent addition to the kitchen because it’s an easy way to cook potatoes with minimal oil. With just a few shakes in the air fryer basket, they come out golden and crispy!
You'll be amazed by the crispy, creamy potatoes that come out of your air fryer. Cooked in a small amount of oil at high heat – these incredible breakfast potatoes will only take minutes to make.
Here's what you'll need to make these potatoes:
- Air fryer - An air fryer is a quick and easy way to cook food with minimal oil. Choose the size of your appliance depending on what you’ll need it for. I got a 3-quart. Next time I'll get a 6-quart, so I don't have to do more than one batch of anything that I'm cooking. If you cook 2 pounds of potatoes, you'll need to cook them in two batches unless you have a 6-quart air fryer.
- Medium mixing bowl
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- You will need organic yellow waxy potatoes, I used Yukon gold potatoes.
- Extra virgin olive oil - you can also use neutral oils such as grapeseed oil or avocado oil; you will only need a little bit of oil.
- Freshly ground black pepper is superior in taste to previously ground pepper
- Non-stick spray for the air fryer basket
It's easy to make these breakfast potatoes. Here are the steps:
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into 1-inch size pieces. If you have time, soak them in cold water for an hour in water to release the starches to make them more crispy. Once you're ready to cook, dry the potatoes with a lint-free towel.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes with extra virgin olive oil. Then toss them with smoked paprika and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately before placing them in the air fryer to cook.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil. Place the seasoned potatoes in the basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the tray after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before they're supposed to be done.
- Taste the potatoes to make sure they're soft on the inside. If they're a little crunchy, cook them for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately once the potatoes are done. Garnish with additional sea salt if desired. In the photo below, I added freshly ground black pepper and Maldon sea salt.
💭 Top tips
- If you have the time, soak the potatoes in water first to remove excess starch. This helps them get crispy. If you don't have time, it's okay.
- Cut the potatoes into equal-sized pieces so they will cook more evenly.
- There is no need to peel the potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are seasoned, place them in the air fryer promptly to start cooking. Do not let the potatoes sit with the salt for any length of time, or that will affect the crispiness of the outer edges.
- If your air fryer is smaller than 3-quart, or you want to cook a larger batch of potatoes, you will need to cook the potatoes in batches to avoid overcrowding.
The cooking time will vary depending on the number of potatoes, the size of the potatoes once chopped, and your air fryer. Taste the potatoes for doneness before serving.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, or both; start with ½ teaspoon.
- Add chopped fresh rosemary or green onion before serving.
🧊 How to store
These potatoes are best enjoyed right away. If needed, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 5 days. To crisp them up again, cook them in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 380°F.
🍴 How to serve
These Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes are perfect with Vegan Southwestern Tofu Scramble. While the potatoes are cooking in the air fryer, you can make the tofu scramble!
You can also serve them with a side of halved cherry tomatoes & sliced avocado or avocado toast for a filling breakfast.
I hope you try these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes. I know you are going to LOVE them! This dish is perfect for when you are craving something savory in the morning but wants to keep it healthy and plant-based with minimal oil. You can let the potatoes cook in the air fryer while you make a tofu scramble or coffee or tea.
🥦 Related recipes
If you make these Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes, please take a moment to ★ star rate it and leave a comment below. Follow me on Instagram and share your creation with me! Tag me @resplendentkitchen and hashtag #resplendentkitchenrecipes.
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 1 pound organic yellow potatoes scrubbed & cut into 1-inch pieces, soaked in water for 1 hour if you have time, & dry the potatoes with a lint-free towel
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Non-stick spray avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil. Then toss them with fine sea salt, smoked paprika, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil. Place the seasoned potatoes in the basket and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the tray after 10 minutes and again 5 minutes before they're done.
- Serve immediately once the potatoes are done. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.