Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious alternative to store-bought dairy strawberry milk? Look no further than this vegan strawberry milk recipe made with fresh strawberries, cashews, water, and dates. This drink made with whole foods is perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack.
Plus, it's packed with vitamins and minerals essential to health, and it's super easy to make - you'll be ready to enjoy your delicious homemade strawberry milk in no time!
What's better than fresh strawberries in season? A tall glass of this simple strawberry milk is a delicious treat!
When strawberry season rolls around, I crave refreshing this wholesome and refreshing strawberry milk on a hot summer day!
This vegan strawberry milk is nothing like the syrupy, artificially sweet strawberry dairy milk filled with artificial colors and artificial flavors on the grocery store shelves. Instead, this homemade version with fresh strawberry flavor is free of refined sugar.
Benefits of Strawberries
Strawberries are so good for you and are beneficial to your health. They contain antioxidants, minerals, polyphenols, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
In addition, they are naturally low in calories and are a rich source of fiber.
Here are the simple ingredients and whole foods you'll need to make this delicious dairy-free strawberry milk!
- Strawberries - I used organic, fresh berries. If they're not in season, you can use frozen strawberries picked in peak ripeness. Thaw them in the fridge first. If you skip this step, your drink will be a smoothie, which is just as delicious but thicker!
- Cashews - I used organic unsalted cashews; I buy them in bulk. You can use store-bought cashew milk or any non-dairy milk you prefer.
- Dates - I used soft Medjool dates, easily found at the grocery store. Use any dates you like. If your dates are hard, soften them by soaking them in a glass of hot water for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Sea salt - just a pinch to bring out the flavors and sweetness of the strawberries.
- Vanilla extract - this adds another layer of flavor, but it is not essential!
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make this Homemade Vegan Strawberry Milk Recipe (with Cashews)
It's easy to put this delicious vegan treat together! Here are the steps to this simple recipe:
- Pour a half cup of boiling water over the cashew pieces in a small bowl. To save time, you can do this the day before and store the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews with fresh water. Place the cashews in a high-speed blender.
- Rinse the fresh strawberries. If you are using frozen, there is no need to rinse them.
- Add the fresh strawberries, pitted dates, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Add ice cubes if desired, I skipped this step since my ingredients were cold.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds.
- Drink immediately or refrigerate promptly.
The strawberry milk may separate a little in the refrigerator; stir before serving.
- Dates - if you can't find dates use date syrup, maple syrup, or coconut sugar.
- Cashews - feel free to use the plant-based milk of your choice, such as almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. If you're looking for plant-based milk similar to the consistency of whole milk, oat milk and soy milk are great choices. Almond milk and rice milk are thinner, so the result won't be as creamy.
- Strawberries - I used fresh seasonal strawberries. You can use frozen strawberries; however, the drink will be much thicker, like a smoothie.
- Vanilla extract - feel free to omit this, or try a hint of almond extract instead.
Here are a few nice options you can try:
- Strawberries - instead of fresh or frozen strawberries, try raspberries or oranges. You can mix strawberries with other fruit, such as bananas, blackberries, blueberries, and mango.
- Deluxe - add whipped coconut cream on top, accented with a sliced strawberry.
- Flavor - add a pinch of ground cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, ginger, mint, or nutmeg for variety!
- Milkshake - make a creamy vegan strawberry milkshake by adding vegan vanilla ice cream!
- Protein - add a scoop of your favorite vegan protein powder or a tablespoon of nut butter.
Use a high-speed blender. I've had my Vitamix for over ten years, and it's still going strong!
Refrigerate this vegan strawberry milk for up to 2 days in an airtight container.
- The strawberry milk may separate a little in the refrigerator; stir or give it a shake before serving.
- To save time, soak the cashews the day before and store them in a bowl in the fridge overnight.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a rating ★★★★★ below. I love to see your amazing creations on Instagram, make sure to tag me @resplendentkitchen and #resplendentkitchenrecipes. To get more ideas follow me on Facebook and Pinterest.
Homemade Vegan Strawberry Milk (with Cashews)
- High-speed blender
- Paring knife
- In a small bowl, pour ½ cup boiling water over cashew pieces. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse cashews. Place in a high-speed blender. Add strawberries, pitted dates, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Add ice if desired.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Drink immediately or refrigerate promptly.
- The strawberry milk may separate a little in the refrigerator; stir before serving.
- Thaw frozen berries overnight, or use frozen berries for a smoothie consistency.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Resplendent Kitchen offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site as a courtesy. Although resplendentkitchen.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information from online calculators, these figures are estimates.